Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Miracle on 34th

Thursday (tomorrow) marks one year that I turned 33, and discovered that I had a brain tumor. (Do I mention the brain thing too much?) - Well, fortunately, the results of the biopsy came back benign. And, I now have resting in my skull a 16 screw plate! Which does NOT serve as a filter for my random/albeit inappropriate thoughts. I have noticed, however, that I do not get those "ice cream headaches" like I used to.

I've also looked at life differently. It's fragile. It's fleeting. I take things for granted...not marble. :( - my humor has not improved either.

I wonder what the next year holds?
This past year was accompanied with a plethura of changes. I had my 15th high school reunion. (hey everybody)
We sold our house in Greenville. Moved to a new one in Rockwall! The kids are staying by themselves during the summer. (Yikes!) We opened another Forest Park facility in Frisco. Lost some co-worker friends to new jobs...:(  (miss you people)
Tried to step out of my comfort zone and get closer with some remaining co-workers...amazing what you discover about people and yourself! - Mostly, people are crazy!! Random. Amazing. Scary.

I finally...finally started my book and have close to 7000 words (at the time of this writing)
Still playing piano for my church.
Still singing and playing for Harmony.
Still dominating my kids in Mario Kart...for the most part.
Still like watching people that are "people watching"
Still working in the OR changing the lives of those around me one sarcastic statement at a time - (there's one NOW!)

Next year, I'm sure, will be the meeting of new people. Deeper looks at current relationships. A revamped Mavs roster (ugh!) - Hopefully finishing the book. Lowering my cholesterol, while gaining weight. - weird combo. It ain't easy.

I am under the impression that 34 is the new 43.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight...it's the one who doesn't flinch first when sprayed in the face with the water hose!

Keep reading my Facebook statuses...there's a test at the end. :)

p.s. Please mind your "You're's and "Your's" - let's use them correctly. Makes my life easier.

No comments: