Monday, October 6, 2014

Play It Backward

As I write this, and contemplate whether or not Taylor Swift has recently purchased stock in "Steak and Shake" - I want to share a quick experience that I had.
By the way, this attached pic is of the fam as we head away from Whataburger - one of the few fast-food joints not affected by a recent storm in Rockwall causing many power outages, and debris relocated. (Fortunately, God had His hand on Starbucks as well and they remained undamaged - ugh! Can you imagine Rockwall without a working Starbucks?!? Armagedden!!
By the way number two (tee hee, "number two") - the song playing on the radio was being brought to us by an artist that went by the handle of Hootie and not Darius...

And now on to the meat of the story...

On my way to work last week I exited the highway and pulled up to a stop light. Resting behind two other cars I noticed a person with a sign asking for money. These people always frighten me. Because I am sheltered and watch too many movies. However, a gospel song was playing and I felt the need to actually partake in the activity of helping someone. I knew I had some change in my change drawer holder (formally known as an ash tray), rolled down my window and he spoke to me and said "I'm just trying to get enough for some breakfast at McDonald's." I handed him what amounted to 5 one dollar bills. He said "If you was a woman I'd kiss ya." I started to reply - that's prostitution and out of the question. I felt pleased that I could help, and pleased that he did not pull a knife, gun, or set of lips on me. Then, as I drove off, I noticed that he remained...still intending to ask oncoming vehicles for money.

I am familiar with the McDonald's dollar menu and I know that I just gave him what equals to at least 4 meals...and to just keep on asking after saying "I just want enough to get a meal" - well, I turned my truck around, plowed down that service road and ran him over!

I'm kidding, I got out, wrestled him for my 5 bucks back.

I'm kidding, I'd be too afraid to wrestle anyone!

No comments: