Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Bless This Mess

Well, the battle is over. The team led by the white guy really took it to the team led by the black guy. That's right, Dirk and the Mavs went in to San Antonio and beat Tim Duncan's Spurs! Only the first of two interesting contests for the evening.
Our next President is Barack Obama. When I pass an African American do I feel the urge to congratulate them? Should I congratulate this country that thought it would never see the day? My first move in this was to pray for our current President, and for Mr. Obama. Like it or not, God knows what He's doing. Even if America doesn't!
The country has spoken. Four years ago the liberal half of the country so desperately wanted Mr. Bush not to get elected they voted for the other guy. This time around, the liberal half so desperately wanted "their" guy in. Quite the switch. History has been made. And will continue to do so. Emotions all over the world will be at an all time high. My grandparents' generation is suffering from chest pain this morning. My parent's generation, for the most part, will react mostly split. You got your celebrities, former athletes, red-necks, splitting their age group right down the middle. One side cursing, the other celebrating. My generation is ushering in what very well should be the Last Days with a liberal domination. My kids' generation.....well, time will tell.
I called my eight year old in this morning to tell him who won. He boo'd at first. Mostly, cause he's eight and competitive. But I told him that we are to respect the President, as in the "position." I told him to pray for him, regardless of how he feels about him personally.
As a Christian, values should be an important factor in any decision made.
My gut feeling.........I'm turning into "that guy" - The guy that watches the president, waiting for a slip-up. Waiting for a tremor in the force to alert me that my instincts are correct. You know, what Hollywood has done the past 8 years!
As I watched a literal group of millions crying, chanting, hoisting banners, I could not imagine this happening to any former president to this degree. Oprah was crying, Rev. Jesse Jackson was crying, Joe the plumber was crying.
To Christians - Everything you've been taught. Everything you assume about the end of the world, must be running through your minds.
To the Lost - You will notice Christians being more peculiar than ever. It will do you good to ask questions.
To Mr. Bush - Thanks for 8 years of service. It's unfair to wonder how anyone else would handle their presidency after the country that had sworn you in was under attack 7 months later.
To Mr. Obama - You've got a BIG responsibility. I'm watching you..........and praying for you.
To America - We've sailed right past blessed into "spoiled." My prayer is to be still and know that God is God. Regardless of who is elected.
To my sons - You will have children that may live in the year 2100. You've got 90 years to keep this country in good shape. You will probably see a woman president...maybe a black woman...maybe you will be president. It's up to me to allow you to be the best version of yourselves.
To God - You created this world as perfection. I apologize that we blew it so early. You knew back then what would happen everyday since. You knew that "this world" would never again see perfection in it's present state. You saw this day coming. You see the next 70 years. This has "already" happened for you. Even so, come quickly!

God bless America.

No comments: