Friday, January 16, 2009

Good Tidings


This is the day that the Lord has made. Let me rejoice and be glad that the office girls have left me alone for lunch. - DRAMA! But we'll save that for a safer time....
First off. The steak night went well. At this particular place, they don't have menus. Instead, they give you a two-sided card to flip. Red side up - they don't bother you. Green side up - get your stinkin' hands off the table 'cause there's about 7 guys with swords and cleavers with enough meat hanging off of them to re-inact the Rocky carcass punching scene! - Of course this meat was cooked. And was very good. I went to get my salad, accidentally knocked over the card flipping it to green.....when I got back to my table, Pedro was waiting for me to select a chicken to plop on my plate.
But the evening's finest moment came 3/4 of the way through. A waiter brought me a slice of key lime pie with a candle in it and said "for the birthday boy"

As the table began to say that he made a mistake I quickly hushed them, blew out the candle, and reminded them that you NEVER turn down birthday presents! (Even if it belongs to the (gulp) table riiiiight next to you) (Even if your birthday is a good six months away) (are you shocked that I'm not telling you the date?)
Moving on, there are many mixes in life. Male/Female. Day/Night. OJ Guilty/OJ Guilty...?
I found out this morning what happens when you mix redneck accent with hip-hop slang.
The infamous Starbucks drive-through-window-order-taker-person always has something to say. "Ya got uh long drive ahead of ya?" or "Cold out. Ain't it?" Which are harmless but still awkward for the Dave-O and Wife-O in the mornings. We just want our beverages. No conversation. In fact, you don't have to even ask for our drink orders. I think a little light should go off once they are ready for you to order. Then you press a button on the menu, put your money in (like the self check-outs at Wal-Mart) drive up to the window, reach in and grab your freshley poured items, and then drive off with a smile! :)

No. Not gonna happen with Marsha. :(

I assumed she would say something. Something profound like "D'ja hyair 'bout the plane that crashed in New York?" "BUURDS, they said it was!"

Well, she didn't say that, but she did reveal her urban side as she popped her head out after handing the wife the drinks and noticed across the highway that a police officer had pulled someone over. "Aw, did the 'PO PO' get him one?" she belts............................Andrea forced out a "guess so" then floored it out of there!! - Enough with the uncomfortable banter lady!


Here's hoping for a good weekend and knowing that my birthday is July 12!


Later, D. O.

No comments: