Friday, January 23, 2009

Reap....Sow....Wal-Mart.


Greetings. I'm coming to you live from my wonderful recliner that vibrates (or "shakes") as my son says. The reason that it's the middle of the day and I'm not at my place of employment is because "my employment" no longer exists. Atleast not for another 60-something hours.
That's right, yesterday was my last day at Desperate Office Wives! I'm gonna miss the "educational conferences" that we had. That's when they would turn and say something inapproptiate to me about their personal lives. (Oh, you know I loved it!) I guess I should be thankful that they were comfortable with me. Could have been a lot worse. Let me recap my 6 week tenure. 1 week of minimally productive work marred by personal conversations, laughter, and food! - Hey, it was the holidays....and I started most of it! Followed by 5 weeks of awkward tension due to saying too much in one area and not enough in another. It was quiet at times. Too quiet. Rumors abound. Names (that's right) names tossed around with little stories attached to them would erupt albeit silently and cleverly timed as one or more exited the room. The true feelings from one to others and others to one was discovered. Complaints about not being able to say anything because it would "do no good" was heard. A plan or two hatched to refocus the office stucture. It's not 1 against many or many against 1. It's 1 against many against another 1 that have no clue about a third 1. And maybe a pair, and another three over here. Heroes on both sides. There was an old man with a young girlfriend, and when he spoke....I would lose IQ digits.
Or, I'm making all of that up. Which is likely, because I used to watch Days Of Our Lives on DVR! Let's chalk it up to a wild imagination and wish them the best. I made good friends there and will always be there for all of them. Just not one to twelve feet for 8 hours a day!
Here's to a good year Burt, Ernie, Big-Bird-Britney, whatever that "dog's" name was, and the truckstop queen! Oscar the Groutch says "Peace!" And whatever you reap, you will sow. If you speak ill.....you won't win. For Heaven's sake be quiet about your feelings. Unless you are confronting the one (or ones) that it has to do with. Use Bambi's mama's rule if you have to. Be patient and if you're indeed a "big girl" the test is now.
Moving on...
I will be working for a brand new hospital starting Monday morning. I believe my experience in working in the ER, Radiology, Med-Surg, Central Supply, Billing, and Admitting has afforded the experience to do this job well. And, my boss has A.D.D. which I speak fluently!! Working with some old characters and brand new dramatic specimens promises to give me material for months to come!
As a quartet pianist, it's important for me to have.....uh...bookings! So I've made some recent attempts to reach some contacts of mine to see if I could get in my church. I asked my aunt if we could get in at her church. Her reply "We are meeting at the school once a week and are currently in the middle of a building project" "It will take 12 to 18 months" - My thoughts - Have more services. More services means more offerings! Take about four a day 6, 7 days a week. Should have your new building in about a month - then we could come and sing 4 concerts in one day - EVERYBODY WINS!
Another fella said "We have one group coming in October." "I'll pencil you in for 2010"
What, are we the Beatles? We'll come do a sunday school party or something. Sheesh!!

Lastly, an interesting pick-up whilst shopping at Wal-Mart with the wife-o.
As we passed by some shirts she said "It's on clearance" "It's only $7.00" I said "It's free if you don't take one!" - My frugalness amazes me sometimes.

One last thing (even though I've already typed "lastly")
I've had some recent comments about not bloggin enough. "I check it a couple of times a week, but you don't update that often" I've heard. But my favorite was from one that said "I'll keep reading 'Dave-O Every other day' 'cause it's like once a week!"
Why don't you "Geet outa my blog?" - I'm kidding. Don't ever stop reading. ANY of you. I need you. I need you like the desert pants for the rain. Pants? On clearance?.........

Until next week, Capt'n Happ'n

No comments: