Sunday, April 19, 2009

LOL = Little Old Lady


Hi there. Today's post is brought to you by a left-brained, harmless nut, aching for attention (and comments) from his peeps.
Ah, it's April and it's just a little too windy to say spring is here. The ground is wet enough to limit my lawn-scaping career to "next weekend". I WANT A FREAKIN' DRAUGHT WITH NO WIND. That's it, - we're moving to Texas Stadium 'til they tear it down.

On my way in to work recently, I noticed a sign that said "It's Workzone Awareness Week." - Are we not to give a turkey about the orange-clothed guys and gals (I think she was a gal...she could sure handle a backhoe!) during the rest of the year? I was expecting next weeks' sign to say "Okay, resume not paying attention anymore and keep on speeding through like you are all alone on a highway going through New Mexico with no rest-stops for three hours!"
Later, that same day on the way home, **Wait** - let me set this up a little...
One thing that always makes me nervous is the elderly driving. Not only is there vision and hearing not at it's best, but there are idiots that CUT in front of people no matter who you are. Young people (like me)'s reaction time is bad enough, but to cut in front of someone that is half a step behind is ridiculous.
A second thing that bothers me is texting while you drive. Yes, I do it. Yes I BOTHER ME! You never know when someone hits the brakes unexpectedly. You glance down to read, reply, check Facebook, or the latest blog entry of the Dave-O Today, and BLAMO! You hit someone in a workzone. "But officer, I had no idea that I was supposed to be aware this week." "Tell it to the judge son!"
Later, that same day on the way home, I looked over and saw - an old lady, TEXTING! - W.I.G.O.? (What is going on?)(see if it catches on) I almost wanted her to plow into someone to teach her a lesson for being old, using a cell phone, driving - all at the same time as if to toy with my sensitive emotions, and to basically make fun of everything I stand behind concerning highway transportation safety! - Then again, I DO have something to blog about. So, HA HA Granny!! How do you like them prunes?

My oldest son comes up with questions out of nowhere. I swear he makes a list and just waits for an opening. Like:...(The following is an Actual conversation)

Drew: "Dad, is it raining?"
Dad: "Yes"
Drew: "OUTSIDE?"
Dad: "....Yes"
Drew: "Does the mail deliver in the rain?"
Dad: "Yes"
Drew: "Do spiders swim?"
Dad: "Some"
Drew: "Would a spider catch you if it chased you"
Dad: "NO, I make it a point to outrun ANY preditor chasing me!"
Drew: "What about a bull?" "It will charge you."
Dad: "What kind of interest rate?"
Drew: "......That don't make no sense."
Dad: "You're face don't make no sense."
Drew: (sound of walking away)
Dad: (smiling victoriously)


Not nice folks. But necessary!

Later, Dave

No comments: