Friday, May 29, 2009

The Dave-Ography


Hey readers,

If I ever get around to writing my autobiography (which is silly because I know NOTHING about cars) - I think that the chapter headings may read something like...

Chapter 1 - Hi. I'm Dave and I have an awkward meter

Chapter 2 - Hutchins Baptist School (fighting, A-Honor Roll, walking home after
school)

Chapter 3 - Wills Point ISD (avoiding all contact with strange humans, afraid for
life on bus ride home, Honor Roll?)

Chapter 4 - The Legend of Mabank TX

Chapter 5 - Backyard Volleyball

Chapter 6 - Southern Gospel Music?....What the heck is that?

Chapter 7 - The Ballad of Shawn Kirk (he used to dip and cuss)

Chapter 8 - Church members for 9 months then leave. (Isn't that normal?)

Chapter 9 - Baylor University Medical Center Dallas
1. 7p - 7a
2. Tony and Albert
3. 20 Transports in one night
4. The Helipad
5. 5 CPRs (no one made it)
6. Severed Foot - Fell asleep on railroad track) "No one falls
asleep, they PASS OUT on a railroad track!"

Chapter 10 - I want a blonde, 18 year old girl to marry

Chatper 11 - Andrea Kay Dougherty

Chapter 12 - Bankruptcy! - kidding! (Chapter 11...? Get it?)

Chapter 13 - Fairfield TX

Chapter 14 - Debt Consolidation! - kidding...well, not really.

Chapter 15 - The Medical Center @ Terrell
1. Hetty Smith
2. The File Room
3. "Hold your Breath, Hold it!!!"
4. That Boy Thar
5. Towne Home

Chapter 16 - Moving back home

Chapter 17 - Crystal River, Potter's Clay, Sweet Spirit

Chapter 18 - The Medical Center of Mesquite
1. Mesquitians
2. 30 transports in one day
3. Employee of the Quarter and how I had to bribe to get it!
4. What do you mean "no call, no show?"

Chapter 19 - Greenville TX

Chapter 20- Drew Alexander Smith

Chapter 21- The only truck I've bought...twice!

Chapter 22- The Harmony Quartet

Chapter 23- Caden Lane Smith

Chapter 24- "MY Day"

Chapter 25- Per-Se' Technologies
1. Betty Wrinkle
2. Katrina, my Only African American friend (at the time)
3. $20,000.00 Embezzlement?....wow!
4. Group Leader Fiasco
5. Halloween Party
6. Special Friends Newsletter
7. The loss of Justin

Chapter 26- Vista Hospital of Dallas
1. Central Supply Director
2. You can order it....you're not going to get it though!
2. Business Office/Admitting Director
3. Can I PLEASE get PBX coverage?
4. Is her DOG up here? Is there an IV pole in there?
5. Did I just get fired?


Chapter 27- Forest Park Medical Center
1. This is the greatest place to work EVER!!
2. Milliman Building (Millenium as 80% of the population call it)
3. Charge Committee
4. Jerry Walters ("Dude, we're never going to work there!")

Chapter 28 - Pops is on the roof again!

Chapter 29 - Dude, where's my truck?

Chapter 30- Inheritance? Bwa ha ha ha

Chapter 31 - I'm offended that you're offended!

Chapter 32 - You want me to Blog? Seriously?

Chapter 33 - Being Racist is not the same as being Prejudice! And other theories
guaranteed to get me stabbed!

Chapter 34 - You're Face!

Chapter 35 - I like transposing from this key to the next by hitting the 3 minor, half step down, then 2 minor chord, 4 over 5 stance, arpeggio.... - You don't know what that means? - Well, cut me a break for not being able to read directions and getting lost all the time. - You have to go to Ft. Worth to get anywhere!!

Chapter 36 - Dr. Pepper is Heaven juice!

Chapter 37 - Facebook is Crack!!

Chapter 38 - Wow this is a long book.

Chapter 39 - I've left out so as to have another book!!

THE END! - I can't WAIT to read this book!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I can't believe I didn't even make chapter 25!!!!!

Dave-O said...

I SAID that I left out some for the next book!
The legend of El Guapo etc....
:)

Jill said...

Abby Jewel BETTER be in book TWO.

Dave-O said...

Jill - I kinda figured you'd say something! lol
She'll have her own chapter!