Friday, May 29, 2009

"Was that audible?"





What is going on in the world? With me? - Well I went down to Fairfled Texas last weekend. The "Land of A Thousand Naps" - the weather was fabulous. I had two concerts. The first started at 11:00am Sunday morning. There were about 90 people there. 89 were happy to see (better translated hear) us. I plucked out the intro on the keyboard for the first song and we sang all the way through. I played the intro to the second and we started singing right on through.....UNTIL, the tenor finished his solo verse, where he happens to hit (and hold) a high note. I hear billowing out from the audience a 115 year old man saying "GUYS, GUYS, HEY, HEY, HEY NOW." "You gonna have to turn it down!" "I thought I was deaf when I walked in here, but clearly I'm not" [Isn't he most fortunate that we don't charge for healings?!;)]
The pastor had to get up, walk over to him, advise his departure! Four ladies, at the same time piped up to us "You guys just keep-a goin!" - And so we did! And so he left! And then we ate!

That afternoon, we spent the day at Andrea's aunt's house. 42 was played. Stories were shared. I introduced myself to the backporch swing and rocked in the beautiful weather while the kids took turns pushing each other in (and out of) the tree swing all-the-while laughing to myself at getting screamed at during church earlier that morning.

During a car ride featuring me, Andrea, and Caden, Andrea noticed an unpleasant smell in the car.
She then said "Caden, did you toot?" - he responded with "No..............Now I did!"

Ahh, the innocent young honest response of a future blogger!
Later Peeps!

No comments: