Thursday, June 11, 2009

And, what are tires...again?


Readers,

As with the willowing away of tire tread, so goes my patience with the employees designated to work on my vehicle at your local Wal-Mart. Even though I SHOULDN'T complain (because I should learn to do mechanical-type work own-self) I'm-a gonna!

I needed two new front tires. I pulled around to the Wal-Mart Tire/Lube Express area. Parked, and began walking up to the "garage-of-sense-less-beings"
I was greeted by this dude with a puzzled look on his face. He said "Can I help you?" I said "I need to get two tires" - He paused and looked at me for what seemed like a month! Then said "You need us to put 'em on?" ........"Uh....YES!" (Maybe people do only by tires and not have them put on) but I was not thinking in that direction. (And he had a very confused face leading me to believe that he was not open to the concept of OPTIONS!)
Having gotten through to him that I wanted two tires put ON my car, we proceeded to to go through the registration process where he takes my name and such. He asked "front or back?" (Really?) I told him "front" - this booger looked down at the BACK tires and then began typing information on that little thing they type on.
Having completed that, I went in to get a cutting of my hair. The hair cuttist began singing along with a Britney song! I think it was the circus song, not sure. "All eyes on me in the center of the ring just like a circus" - "Don't bother with a song just make it not so long just like a hair cut!"
Then she asked me if I wanted a shampooing. I said "nah" she said (singing) "it's complimentary!" - I said "Okay" she said "I knew that was coming" - I said "I knew it was free, I just don't think that they're through with my tires yet!" - She said "Yeah, it takes them forever to do anything" - Whoa, Wal-Mart wounds it's own team!
Well, they weren't finished and I had to wait. Once ready, I paid, got the key, and commenced to walking to my car. My car was backed in and the driver's side door was closest to me. Now what made me do this is beyond me...but, I walked over to the passenger side door to make sure that the front tires were done (tee hee) GUESS WHAT I SAW? A perfectly new tire - with NO hub-cap!!
I had to walk back to the garage and find someone. I told this old man who said "That's my fault, they didn't see me put it over thar"

I'm just thankful that I noticed and that I got short hair, 4 hubcaps, and another day to blog!

Later, Dave


**Disclaimer** - The views expressed in this here blog are not intended to draw attention to the ignorance of others, but to make fun of the Dave-O and his "Awkward-Waiting-To-Happen" mental status. At no time is it to be assumed that ALL Wal-Mart workers are purposely ignorant. - I am making fun of the way that I take people and how I interpret them as treating me - Anyone that doesn't get that is a complete idiot!!

Have a wonderful day!
(And I'm kidding about the "idiot" comment)

No comments: