Friday, June 12, 2009

And, you're name's gonna be...??


Hey there Readers,

Confusion is the first step to knowledge, therefore, I am a genius!

There is an Extremely nice lady that cleans the department that I work in every day. Recently she was dusting the top of my desk and accidentally knocked over some trays. I was in the other room but saw it take place. She apologized profusely then began to put the papers back in the tray....Now honey, did you know what order they were in? No - This would be an appropriate opportunity to just dump them in my lap and say "I give up!"

Moving on,
I had to set up a conference call between my boss and two other individuals. As soon as it was time, I called the number and got the first lady on the phone. She said "hang on a second, let me get Josh" - About a minute later, Josh joined us. Josh said "John?" - I said "No, it's David" he said "Oh, sorry, I just got off the phone with a John."
- Here's my question... - If you don't know the name of someone, is the rule just give them the name of the previous person that you were talking too? You don't ask "what is your name?" - If luck would have it that he was talking to a Brandy would he call me Brandy? When he finishes praying and the phone rings, does he say "Amen" - "Hello, Jesus?"

Okay, time to get out of town and take a bus!

Later, Dave

No comments: