Friday, February 5, 2010

Smarty Pants...er Boots


My wife is a subtle genius!




A while back she orders these boots. They arrive, but they "don't fit right" - what is "right" Either they fit or they don't. She sends them back, and gets another pair that arrive in a most peculiar way.


We check the mail and we receive a card that says, under the delivered to section - "cab of red pick-up" - (Don't get me started about calling my truck a pick-up, instead of a truck)


So, I go out to my TRUCK, open the door, and there, in rather bold packaging, are the elusive second pair of boots.


Since when have we become so intimate with the U.S. Mail as to place things inside our vehicles??


If it won't fit into the mailbox, and we are not home....LEAVE IT ON THE PORCH! Raining or not. Do not enter open the door of my vehicle! Now, this guy knows that I listen to Michael Jackson, Billy Joel, and Carrie Underwood!! - I'm just not ready for our postal relationship to be at that level.


Back to the boots.....or the "idea to purchase apparel" in general.


The previous pair don't "fit right", these fit fine.....but we discover that she does not have the right shade of jeans to go with them. - Really babe? I've done enough laundry to know how many jeans you have. And yet, you MUST get a color that you conveniently "don't have" in order for this SECOND pair of boots to be worn. "OR" she says, "Now I need a brown pair" (boots)



Why must you play these games? Why must you act surprised that you all of a sudden "Need this", or "Can wear with, but I need...." ?


Just make one announcement that you will be selectively shopping for the rest of your life, and nothing will ever "fit right" but you'll keep on-a trying!


(And you will still look good in whatever you get) - Can I get a Holla!!!!!??



I don't even know what that means!




Have a good one!!




Dave

No comments: