Tuesday, September 23, 2008

3K Close Call

Hey there.
So, this past Saturday I'm on a tractor, mowing in the middle of a field (which is not a bad place to be) and I notice, off in the distance, a group of bicyclists riding by in this 3K thing. What's the "K" stand for? "Kill me if I'm ever caught wearing one of those tight suits?" And by "group" I mean like a-MILLION of 'em! They passed by a couple of times and I stopped paying attention. This comes to haunt me later. I finish the back-yard and move to the front. Yes, it takes a freakin' tractor to mow my yard. So, I'm going along side the fence. I mean CLOSE. I mean scrape the paint off with the wire (pronounced WAR) close! Then, I noticed a big....dead....bird on the ground. Is "on the ground" redundant? 'Cause I guess it wouldn't be in the air would it?
Well, as I'm passing and staring at the fataled fowl, I wasn't paying attention at how close I was to the road. A soon as I looked up to turn, about forty suicidal, speedo-wearing people whizzed, by at however fast a group of sorts travels when it's sneaking up on people riding tractors causing near Kubota abandonment. Missed the trumper (tractor bumper) by eleven inches. I slammed on the clutch.....and threw a nasty look, all the while hoping that the leader would trip up causing a rubber-two-wheeled domino effective avalanche not meant to be seen by anyone under 6 years old!
But, alas, no avalanche, and the dead bird remainined. Probably had a heart attack after being approached by Lance Armstrong's posse'.

The end has been reached, your comments are welcome.
Go Cowboys! Go Palin!
Have a pleasant one.

The Dave-O

3 comments:

Misty Rice said...

Welcome to BLOGGING my friend...check mine at from time to time too!!!! Dont' be all about YOU show the family off from time to time. LOL

Great to see you back.

Misty Rice said...

Did I just use "time to time" twice? See I am funny too! LOL

Jill said...

I think you are right on the meaning of K. Some thought it meant kilometers, or Kan't do this. But you have it right!