Thursday, September 25, 2008

Say it isn't sew.

Welcome.
Not a good day when the button of your pants zings off like shot through a gun! It's not my fault that they shrunk. Also, the sole of my left shoe came apart as I entered my working environment. Not my fault either. I left my good pair on the bus. Well, THAT is my fault. What do I mean by bus? Do I take local transportation to work now you ask? Why no. But I'll speak about the "bus" at a later date. For all the wardrobe malfunctions - I blame global warming. Maybe someone will give me $700,000,000,000.00 to help me by new clothes.

Well, today is my oldest son's 8th birthday. And, as he so eloquently quoted, "even though it's not my party it's still 'My Day'" In fact, I think he's taking today through the weekend as "His Four Days." He comes by this honestly. Some may think that he gets it from me. Let's go over things that he gets from me.
He loves to watch the Mavs. He will scream out "Go Dirk." - and then say "Are we going for the Blue Team?" He loves to play catch with the football. (Something I also enjoyed with my dad at that age). He like to mix it up a bit. He says "Down.....Set......Kiss a girl" "Down.....Set......Jump off the roof!" Eventually leading to "Hut" which is pointless because I'm not going to take off running due to the laughter. He loves to play Mario Bros. Also a childhood hero of mine up until last year.
I could go on, the crooked pinkies, the insatiable desire to make people laugh, but I guess the one thing that I'm glad that I passed on to him is the ability to pray. He has the most beautiful prayers. They may be meaningless to some adults, but, when he is thankful for "cars, so people don't have to walk, food and drink, teachers, police-men so we are safe, and for his mommy and daddy to be good at work..." well, the tears you're welling say it enough. Happy Birthday Drew!

1 comment:

Jill said...

I can NOT believe my sweet baby is 8 years old today!