Thursday, July 16, 2009


Hello There!

One thing that keeps my mental irritants employed are dropped calls.
It's not just the inconvenience of losing someone mid-conversation, but the one with whom you are speaking not having dropped call etiquette!
Allow me to elaborate. (You're not doing anything else right now apparently)
You're talking to someone, the call gets dropped, ya both keep on-a talkin'!
Then, the call gets re-made, and the conversation starts over from two different viewpoints!

Enjoy!

THIS was a recent call dropped situation:
Phone: "Ring"
Me: "Hello"
Caller: "Hey, did you get a chance to have that form signed?"
Me: "Not yet." "He was not in his...
Phone "So long suckers!"
Me: (Continuing to speak to nothing) "...office, but he will be back at noon"
Phone: "Ring"
Me: (Realizing call had been dropped) "Hello?"
Caller: "Sorry, I think I lost you." "What were you saying?"
Me: "I was saying that he was not..."
Caller: (Interrupting) "No, I heard that part." "What was the last part?"
Me: "Noon."
Caller: "What about noon?"
Phone: (laughing)
Me: (Not knowing where to start since I lost him mid-sentence) "HE...WILL...BE...BACK...UP...HERE..AT...NOON!"
Caller: "Oh." "Well, that will be too late anyway." "We'll just have to do something else."

Then the phone cut off and I could even hang up on him out of frustration! :(

But alas you know your day is destined for greatness when the inspection maintenance guys are in your office. There were 5 of them in one little area all discussing the same problem. You had the four workers and the Strawboss telling them what to do. This guy was old and huge. Nothing wrong with that....except when his cell phone went off.
Folks, I believe there are certain things about the choices we make that just invite judgement upon us. Let us NOT misquote the scripture here. The Bible does NOT say "Don't judge anyone" - It clearly states - "Judge not, lest ye be judged"
I WANT to be judged for my bad decisions. It's what keeps me from repeating them and doing similar things. That said...if I dress in all pink, by all means, make a judgement and tell me that it's not right. If I introduce myself as my favorite superhero upon meeting strangers...go ahead and intervene. - Now, with that little preface, let me tell you about what happened regarding the big, old, maintenance guy!
Picture this....340lbs, overalls, partial beard, missing teeth, dirty hat, boots...the works. If the Clampett's had a yard sale, this guy cleaned them out! - This is not the part I'm being judgemental about. It was his RINGTONE!
He was perched on a ladder 5 feet in the air with his head up the ceiling of my office. Then he got a call...what did I hear? "IT'S JUST A THRILLER....THRILLER NIGHT"

Really...? Really? If that was MEANT to be a joke, it would be fine. But, deep down....I bet he likes to get his groove on! And THAT man don't need to be groovin'

My only peace came from the fact that after he answered the phone.....it dropped his call!
SCORE!!

Later, Dave

No comments: