Thursday, July 2, 2009

The 3rd!


Happy Holidays!

The sun called...wants it's temperature back! This HEAT is making me cranky, and old.

The Fam and I were eating out at a catfish place recently and the table next to us had a lady that had QUITE a physical personality. (She was larger folks)- and that's fine. What WASN'T fine was my youngest son Caden thinking it was alright to give her a little slap on the hangy down part of her arm!!
What goes through his mind during these little escapades? "OOH, fun, must touch!" "Soft!"
She just smiled and nodded as if to say ";) happens all the time"

Meanwhile, back at the ranch...er, hospital, it's payroll day!! What does that mean for the Dave-O? Lets, see if I can paint this eloquently...
We have an accounting department, an HR department, inquisitive employees, and a founding physician that MUST sign off on all checks before disbursement. - I like the word disbursement. It sounds important. I like using it...disbursement! - So you have these 4 entities that must be tied together by a common bond, a bridge, a strand of effort weaving betwixt the complexities of inter-departmental personalities!
Whom to we call upon? - Moi! (Mwa, for the non-bi-lingual)
So, I must be the one to field questions from employees having questions regarding their checks, call HR, call Accounting, run the checks to the OR to have the Dr. sign.
I would NEVER complain about this process.In fact, I don't ever remember complain about anything! Ever! And, I have a faulty memory!!
This brings us to today. Or does it...?....Yes, it does bring us to today. I don't even know what that means!

Today, I had a "gentleman" come to me axing about some retro-blah-blah-blah on his check! Now it wouldn't be important to me except that my boss wanted me to "take care of it" - which means it's not THE most important thing to me!
It wasn't my job function, but since I am capable of getting the job done, THAT'S what qualifies me to own, and solve this problem!
And solve it I did! - But....explaining that it wasn't my fault that the retro was wrong, was no easy task.

However, due to the graphic nature of my thoughts, AND the fact many-a-co-worker reads this blog...("Many" meaning one or two) I will not continue to indulge (or disburse)any negativity and, instead, wish you the best Independence Day and remember:
You are unique...just like EVERYBODY else!!

D. O.

No comments: