Saturday, February 14, 2009

Best Blog Ever

As I was cleaning the house, listening to the ole MP3 player, dancin' around, singing along, my son walks up to me and gives me a look of "Dad, I need to tell you something" - so, I kneel down, take off the earpieces and say "What is it"?
He replies "Dad, you're the best dad ever." Now, obviously I'm the only dad he'll ever have so the bar is not set so high! But, atleast he was comfortable enough to tell me. That got me to thinking just how blessed I am.
I was recently given an opinion regarding marriage from someone not married and not planning on it. He said to me "Hey, I can go out with a different woman every night, do whatever I want, say whatever I want, with no tie-downs." He eluded to the fact that he thought I (married people) was trapped, had too many boundries, and would never be free. - Well, seems to me that he is living a self-induced goal of rebelling against his mother, trying to find happiness in being a "man-about-the-town."
I just celebrated my ten year anniversay to the "best wife ever" (stole that from the kid)
I am not pursuing a life of happiness, but happiness continues to find me. I have her to thank for that. Happy Valentine's Day, by the way!
I have a boss that qualifies as the "best boss ever"
She had the audacity to give God all the credit for the good news that she shared with us. My kind of boss!

Moving on, I am growing weary of trying to keep my profile updated on multiple networks. Facebook, Myspace, this Blog. We need to combine or something. Call it MyFaceToday! Or BookSpace-O!

Well, I'm gonna go now, but will return with my usual left-brained take on life and the incidences that cross my path.

Later, Dave

No comments: