Monday, February 2, 2009

Haaawwnnkk!!








Okay, so I got busy!
How's it flappin? Me? All is well.
Took Drew (8yr old) to see the Harlem Globetrotters this Saturday. Entertaining. Drew especially got a kick out of the "tooting" sequence. It was a football play. It's too confusing to explain. We were on the third row on the floor so we could read the name brand on their socks!
After the two-hour display of athleticism I never had, we just HAD to go to McDonalds in a neighborhood I did NOT feel safe in. Then, headed to Audubon Park Baptist Church to set sound and get ready for a concert I had. (And to pray thanking God that we didn't get knifed!)
We had invited The First Voice Quartet to be featured as well. A good time was had by all (I guess). Nobody threw anything at us! We went to eat at Cracker Barrel, got home close to 11p and went to sleep.
The next morning, went to church where I noticed February misspelled twice on the overhead power-point. TWO different ways! Febuary, and Februay! Ah, the country!
I guess it doesn't matter if you can spell as long as you're not going to burn in Hell for eternity!! - Wow, you see that one coming?
Moving on, let's talk about car horns. What year is it? Must they STILL sound like an alien abducted a buffalo and is screaming for help?? "Haaawnkk!" It's one of the most annoying sounds under the sun. (I went Ecclesi' on ya)*
Why not make 'em actually say stuff.
Guy pulls out in front of ya - "HEEEYY!" or "MOOOVE!" or "GOOOO!"
Or maybe put a little flair. "Oh, no you di-in't!" "Boy, I will slap you!"
Or - "Get yo' sick, sad Pinto out of tha way 'afore I ram it with my truck...yeah it's gota a Hemi...and I'll stick this bumper so far up your trunk that everytime you turn your blinker on my six-disk-cd changer will start randomly playing music by people that also drive big cars that will run you over should you so choose to PULL OUT IN FRONT OF THEM LIKE YOU JUST DID TO ME!!"
......Maybe we'll leave it at "beep"!
Another little of life's ironic happenings crossed my path while reading in the bathroom......too much info.? Sorry, but a recent fact that I've discovered is that the iPhone makes your poo's an average of ten minutes longer. There's just soo much stuff to browse on that little devil!
Anyway, I noticed that, recently in Illonois, a plagerism policy that had been written was apparently .....PLAGERIZED from a previous location. - Good going.

*Ecclesi is a biblical reference to the book of Ecclesiates where it uses the phrase "Under the Sun" a lot. (This is a teaching blog)

Later, let me see if I can post these pictures correctly!

(is that better?)

Dave-O

No comments: