Wednesday, February 25, 2009

If You're Happy and You Know It...you must be me!




What a privilege it must be for for you that I blog two days in a row! Though I only have 3 readers...
Let's start off with someone I'm sure we've all encountered. The "Curser of Cubicles" the "Destroyer of Desktop Destinies" the "Prowler of Puckering Plentiness" - The Office Whistler!
Why does ANYBODY whistle for fun? What effort...what...what...noise!!
Located nearby, and ya gotta love the guy for his personality, is someone who INSISTS on whistling as soon as the office gets quiet. It's out of nowhere. The silent hum of the fan, the rustling of the paper on the printer, THEN it's like an Andy Griffith telethon is playing full blast in the next room!! For Heaven's sake, get that guy an ipod!

Let's go over just what exactly it is that I do now. (Cause I know you're just itching know) - or, maybe it's just allergies.
Anyway, I'm the Executive Administrative Assistant at a brand new hospital. My boss is the CEO/CNO/Administrator/Dali-Lama/Grand Pu-Bah!! When she says "jump" I say "Can you see the bottom of my shoes from here?"
Absolutely love my boss. My job is to be near her in case she needs..well, anything. From important items, to "get me two hazelnut coffee creamers" "and git sum four yurself, case we need sum for later" - Yeah, she's from Louisiana. But what she lacks in a Texas accent she makes up for in leadership skills.
My role to the hospital is to filter the people that need to see her. My reason for existence in employment stems from the fact that I can take 5 different 30 minute conversations and have it with her in about 3-6 minutes. The idea is for staff to come to me, explain what they need, and for me to ask her in bulk. Get the response and channel back to them. This works well if used correctly. As Mr. Miyagi says "If do right, no can defend!"
And, I'm proud of the majority that have embraced these rules and walk up to me first and say "I need to meet with her" or "Can you ask her about this?" - There are the few stubborn that have their struggles with it.......we'll pray for those!
I'm the rotweiller that makes you beg for mercy to see the master....actually just a pesky chihuahua,but I'll nip the fire out of your ankles if you get too close! I also help the Assistant Administrator. Who is from London and talks REALLY NEAT! Spot of tea, and all that nonsense!
It's also great to work about 30 feet from my wife. How we make this work I have no idea! But we do.

It's a good life. You're a good audience. I feel like whistling...no, not really!

Later, Dave-O

No comments: