Tuesday, February 24, 2009

February Madness...

Hey there!
What is it with a trip to Wal-Mart for the annual hair cut that brings out the blogger in me? What possesed the east-texas product to talk to me all the while whizzing the shears around my head? She offers "You have pretty hair" - Okay...Stop it right there!
THEN - she says "Dad used to have hair like this...........but now he doesn't have any"
Now, I'm thinking "did he die, or just go bald?" Silence was the wise choice! AND DON'T SAY "DAD" LIKE HE'S MY DAD TOO!

Remember when McDonald's went through an overhaul years ago? Now, they have the big, indoor playground. A "resaurant-like" atmosphere.
I think it's time that Dairy Queen does the same thing! First...put one in Greenville! Next, upgrade the inside. And, third (and most important) STOP flippin' the stinkin' blizzards upside down right before you serve them to me! You scare me to death EVERY time!
So, the wife and I take a Gilligan's Island-lengthed car ride (3 hours) to Oklahoma this past weekend for my best friend's 30th birthday. I witnessed a college girls' basketball game. They REALLY get into those things. We don't sit until the first basket is made by OU. The cheerleaders came up to our seats during half-time to give the birthday boy a surprise visit and let pictures be made with them. Which, I'm pretty sure that was the first time he has been that close to any cheerleaders! Sorry Shawn, but I went to high school with you! Kidding...no, not really. We were losers! So...HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!
What is it with Oklahoma drivers thinking that they can just cut in front of you no matter what speed you are going? What, you think 'cause you got a panhandle too that you own the road? Well, you can just detach and move to Florida if that's the way you're gonna be!...But I digest.
So, we made it back.
Trying to create a routine of working out,(a routine being - more than once a week) I was doing some sit-ups in the living room when my 5 yr old Caden walked around the corner. He spouted "Hey, nice exercises you got there!" Then he pounced down and began to do the elusive sit-ups at three times the speed I was going! What a show-off! That made me upset enough to drive to the nearest Dairy Queen - but it's TOO Stinkin' far away!!

Good day friends.

No comments: