Friday, December 12, 2008

Vengence.....is NOT mine.


Two undeveloped rolls of film were talking. One says to the other "Why you being so negative?".....

Gump was wrong. Life is not like a box of chocolates. Sometimes you know exactly what you're gonna get.....you just may not know when.
What a year! What a week!

You know those people that like to quote scripture when it's convenient for them? Well I'm gonna take a slightly higher road......slightly.......and try to sum up this past Wednesday. This brings me to Psalm 94:1 - O Lord God, to whom vengeance belongeth, show thyself.
I lost my job. Yes, I've checked behind the couch. I was terminated based on lack of experience. Doesn't matter that I was there for 14 months. Doesn't matter that I was never written up. What matters is that a person who came from a bankrupt facility, that has been with the company for 3 months, and has never met me face to face......can determine if I'm not qualified. Well, technically we did meet. We met Wednesday. My last day of work.
"It's finally nice to meet you." "Not just e-mailing and talking on the phone." "We are restructuring the Admitting office and we need someone else with more experience."
At that point I was just the wee bit concerned, that is until the HR lady said "So, you gotta box for your stuff?"...........
"Well, it was nice to meet you!"

This takes me to Malachi 2:3"Behold, I will corrupt your seed and spread dung upon your faces."
(Friends, dung is poo)

I leave any negative dealings with God. I will move one peacefully. He gave me that job....He took it away. He'll give me another.


It's been a great year. Full of ups and downs. Andrea and I had some obstacles to overcome. Overcame we did. I've seen the passing of a presidency. My son received salvation. I have a new neice. I began playing for a quartet again.
Being the baby that I am, I will surely be at a "woe is me" state in the future. Not today. Today, I realize just how good I have it. Family and friends that love me. (And that I love very much)

Whatsoever a man shall reap, that must he sow. 70 years from now I won't be here. (probably)
Just exaclty what can I do, and what can happen to me that will affect me after I'm gone?

What I can do is make good decisions. And, ANYTHING can happen. That does make it fun. I can lose my job 15 days before Christmas with two small boys under 10 yrs old, a horrible mortgage, car note, - but see that Christmas shopping is already finished. The car will be paid for next year. The boys simply prayed for me to find another job. I still have concerts next year.


If I don't step He cannot steer. I'll be just fine.
And as for my former employment....this brings me to Isaiah 22:18


Play Ball!

2 comments:

Stan W said...

More time for blogging!... Hang in there and keep that positive outlook. Good things happen to good people.

Misty Rice said...

No, good things happen to GODS people! *winking*

Hang in there. You are like a cat, you always land right back on your feet. Look at the bright side, you wont always be without a job and you get a really long and awesome Christmas vacation with the family. Take advantage of it, because you know that you don't get much vacation time the first year with a job, so if you get a new job you will be on a tight rope for getting any days off.

Um, and you said "lots of pics of the kids" over thanksgiving...so why you posting pics of yourself? We know what you look like, we want to see pics of kids or pics of you with the kids. LOL

In all seriousness, I am glad you are staying on the positive side of all of this today. I know it really isn't easy and can bring on a ton of stress, but don't let that stress be in your home around your kids and family.

Il be praying for you. I hope your family enjoys the holiday, the "reason for the season"..... and HE will provide all your needs.