Saturday, January 30, 2010

Amen!


As many of you know, I play the piano for the Harmony Quartet. Recently we had a few things happen that are worth (but probably not appropriate) sharing!


What must be a surprise to some groups has become second nature to us. We've been to several churches and performed our little concerts. At the end, there would be a time of announcement. Some pastors have used that time to (gulp) RESIGN!! Oh yes my friends. They invite us to be seated in the fellowship hall while they "take care of a little business." - That has happened twice. We've also found out that weeks, and even days later of a concert that a pastor has left. That has happened about 5 times. But our last outing made history. While in Athens, we witnessed for the first time the pastor - JOINING the church!!

It's a NEW year folks. I guess we've raised the bar...?? - Whatever the case, we know better than to expect a normal service.


I should also learn to expect anything from old people! LOVE me some old people! - One reason is, they say WHATEVER is on their mind during their prayer. I guess they think nobody's listen while they're talking to God. I guess that's fine, but it makes the ole' awkward meter go up once they start naming names!!

Here's your highly anticipated example! ;)


Ironically, during that same service in Athens, I got there early and was asked to play for the congregational song right before Sunday School.

Once finished an elderly saint of a lady (probably, I don't know) was called upon to pray. As she wrapped up her Heavenly conversation, she closed with "and bless the lost like our president and his family, and turn this country back from Islam." -


Back? He can't even get healthcare reform to take place.


Love me some old people.

See you next time. (Try not to resign after you read this!)






No comments: