Friday, October 10, 2008

The Dryer Demon

Well I took off today. Hoping to relax, do a little housework, catch up on some well deserved Spider Solitaire (yeah, I rock it when I'm home alone!) - Been moving couches to get maximum vacuum utilization. Thing were going well....until the dryer stopped. I was sitting happily at the lap-top and I assumed the cycle of clothes that I started, cause I'm a great husband, was completed. It was not. It stopped right in the middle of "More Dry" - before "Optimum Dry" and "Less Dry" Why are there so many drys? And why isn't this one working? Those were a few of the many thoughts racing through my head. So I said to myself, I said 'What are you gonna do about it big boy?" After flipping breakers, unloading the existing, still wet towels, spinning the..........whatever the thing inside that spins inside is, and turning the knob - I finally got it working. Reloaded, and did a taunting dance. Of the "Who's the man?" variety.
Didn't have to call anybody. No in-laws, maintenance guys, IT guys...did it myself. You take the winning battles when you get them! - And I'm easily amused.

Pray for my sister-in-law Jill. She is on bed rest until my neice is born. (Thanksgiving-ish) A good early sign that this little girl already has mommy and the rest of the family WHUPPED!

Time to get ready for the weekend. Longhorns by 12. - Gotta go...the dryer is smoking!!

Later, Dave-O

3 comments:

Stan W said...

Longhorns by 12? What? You mean they might show up by 12? Well that's an hour late and we'll be ahead at least two TD's by then!

Jill said...

You need a fire extinguisher (sp?) just in case. Just practice with it outside first.....when my nephews aren't around. They will think it's a fun new toy.

Misty Rice said...

You da man Dave-0!!! LOL